I spent a lot of my weekend untangling my Handmaiden Casbah. It was on my swift, when the clamp came undone, and it all fell off. It was sooo tangled it took me two days of going back and working on it (and a lot of ugly language). I finally have 3 wound balls, as I had to cut certain parts due to tangles. I did get it all untangled, even if in segments, and had it been any other yarn – I admit, I would have thrown it in the trash.

I am going to cast on for my husband’s socks tonight with the Casbah. I am still debating between patterns…

I also casted on some lace this weekend, my first lace with actual lace weight. I cast on for the Swallowtail Shawl. They say lace looks like a mess until you block it. I hope that’s true because right now it looks like a big mess of yuck.

Swallowtail Shawl

Yes, that is dental floss I am using as a lifeline. I am very pleased with how that works. The waxy coating keeps it from tangling with the fibers of the yarn. Thanks to David Reidy for that tidbit.

I also worked on some little knitted rosebuds for an Itty Bitty hat. I had mentioned on Susan B. Anderson’s blog that my rosebuds didn’t look like hers. She was so sweet to reply to my blog, and give me tips. I just rolled the bud tighter and finessed it a little bit, and that worked. I have the black hat made, and I want to get a contrasting rose color to finish it off.

Rose Buds

I am not sure why the sudden need to cast on for so many things. I’m not going to question it. I’m just going to do what makes me happy!

Advertisements